Home / Professional Services Insurance

The insurance you are contractually required to carry may not be all the insurance you need.

It’s the day you have been working toward, you’ve opened your own business. You sign a lease on office space and sign a contract with your first client. They both require you to carry a Commercial General Liability (CGL) policy. Simple enough, you are covered for what you need or … are you?

If your business provides advice or professional services for a fee you must have Professional Liability Insurance.

We are continually surprised to see company contracts requiring nothing more than a CGL policy yet the standard ISO (Insurance Services Offices) CGL policy form excludes Professional Liability claims. Lawsuits against professionals are becoming more common. The defense costs alone could shut your new venture down.

Contact a Mountain Insurance business insurance advisor to perform a risk analysis and determine the best insurance package to keep you in business.

The simple way to access the best Professional Services Insurance options in Denver.

Get a Quote

We know your business

Business Insurance… It’s who we are, it’s what we do.

We “shop the market” to find you the best insurance value

We work for you, not the insurance companies.

We insure ALL businesses

Poor claim history or canceled? We insure ALL risks.

Most common Denver Professional Liability Insurance questions from our clients

What is the difference between Professional Liability and Errors and Omissions?

Effectively they are the same thing. Professional Liability refers to the general legal responsibility of a professional or service provider to compensate their client for a mistake. Errors and Omissions are the types of mistakes that count in this situation.

My contract requires I have Workers Compensation Insurance but I don’t have employees. Do I still have to carry it?

Colorado law states that self-employed individuals, owners, and officers of corporations or LLC’s do not have to cover themselves for Workers Compensation. However, a contractual requirement can certainly supersede this law. We recommend negotiating this requirement with the company you are contracting with.

My contract requires I have Automobile Liability with a $1,000,000 limit. I use a personal vehicle for business and my insurance company cannot provide limits that high?

If you use your personal vehicle extensively for business and have a contractual requirement to carry $1,000,000 liability limits and/or hired & non-owned auto liability, then we recommend you insure your personal vehicle on a commercial automobile policy.

Mountain Insurance

The right coverage at the best price. Colorado's trusted insurance advisers since 1997

About Us

We are dedicated to providing our clients with the highest quality in business and personal insurance products and services at the most competitive prices in Denver, CO.

3705 Kipling Street, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
303 420-4774