What does an insurance agency do?
Insurance agencies are also referred to as insurance brokers. These companies solicit, write and bind policies through many different insurance companies. Although they are not directly employed by a specific insurance carrier, they can distribute various policies.
For example, instead of being solely a State Farm agent, an insurance agency can provide policies from a variety of providers. This allows insurance agencies to give you the best policy every time.
What Does an Insurance Agent Do?
Essentially, insurance agents sell and negotiate life, health, property, or other types of insurance. Your insurance agent should help to match a policy to your needs. Insurance agents typically work for an insurance company, refer clients to independent brokers, or work as an independent broker.
Other responsibilities of an insurance agent include:
- Attending meetings, seminars, and programs to learn about new products and services
- Calculating premiums and establishing payment methods
- Maintain bookkeeping systems, databases, and records
- Monitoring insurance claims
- Meeting customer’s expectation to ensure the satisfaction of insurance coverage
- Continuously educating themselves on the industry to help the customer
- Fulfill all policy requirements
- Help clients settle any claims on their insurance
- Customize insurance programs to suit individual customer needs
- Ensure those policy requirements are fulfilled, including completion of the appropriate forms
- Inspect the property to examine its overall condition and decide its insurance risk
- Make sure all paperwork is filled out and filed to put insurance policies in place
- Assist customers in properly completing insurance applications to act as an intermediary between the customer and the insurance company
Why Use an Insurance Agent
By using an insurance agent or agency, you can have support throughout the whole insurance buying process and beyond.
Some of the pros of buying insurance through an agent include:
- Having help with buying an insurance policy
- Help to make sure you are purchasing the right amount of coverage for your needs.
- Help to understand the different insurance terms and coverages
- Help to compare prices from multiple insurance companies to help you find the best deal
- Captive agents are very experienced and knowledgeable about the company they represent
- Local to your area and experienced in the needs of your area
- Help at any time throughout your policy
- Help to make changes or filing claims
Using an Insurance Agency
Overall, using an insurance agent through an insurance agency can help you evaluate your insurance needs. Agencies can provide you the opportunity to purchase insurance at a fair price, without choosing one specific provider. Rather than be forced into only one option, an insurance agency gives you various options to serve you efficiently.
For all of your insurance needs, using a Denver Insurance Agency is the best choice every time. Contact us today to learn more about the variety of policies that we offer, and how we can help you stay protected.