Home / Restaurants, Bars & Taverns Insurance

What you don’t know about Restaurant and Bar Insurance could permanently close your doors.

It is a busy Saturday night and your driver called in sick. Your pizza cook said his son can fill in. One hour later he calls to say he was just involved in an accident and said it was not his fault. A few days later you find out that your driver’s auto insurance policy canceled for non-payment of premium a week before the accident. Will your current insurance coverage defend you if you are served with a lawsuit?

Other agencies may offer insurance for restaurants and bars but most will not knowingly cover a delivery exposure. Are you adequately insured for these other exposures?

  • Spoilage and Food Contamination
  • Loss of Business Income/Business interruption
  • Assault & Battery
  • Hired and Non-Owned Auto
  • Cyber
  • Employment Practices Liability

Our specialized knowledge of the food and beverage industry means we are uniquely qualified to provide you with the custom-tailored insurance package your restaurant needs.

Contact a Mountain Insurance hospitality Denver Restaurant insurance specialist to make sure you won’t get “burned” with your current insurance coverage.

The simple way to access the best Restaurant Insurance options in Denver.

Get a Quote

We know your business

Business Insurance… It’s who we are, it’s what we do!

We “shop the market” to find you the best insurance value

We find you the right insurance at the best price

We insurance ALL restaurants & bars

Poor claim history or previously canceled? Hard to place risks are our specialty.

Most common Denver Restaurant, Bar & Tavern Insurance Questions from our clients

I use a 3rd party service for Food Delivery. Do I need to insure for this?

Because of the variances in legal verbiage, we recommend you carry Hired & Non-Owned Auto Liability to cover yourself for this exposure and the possibility that your employees may use their own vehicles to run errands.

How much Liquor Liability Insurance do I need to have?

As of 1/1/20 the maximum limit a plaintiff can sue a liquor licensee in Colorado is $350,000. However, that is per claimant. If there are 2 or more people involved than your exposure increases exponentially. Therefore, we recommend you carry at least $1.000.000 of liquor liability insurance.

Am I covered for Food Poisoning?

YES, the commercial general liability portion of your insurance package provides coverage under medical payments and product liability. In addition, Food Contamination coverage will replace the food, loss of income and pay for advertising to help restore your reputation.

Mountain Insurance

The right coverage at the best price. Colorado's trusted insurance advisers since 1997

About Us

We are dedicated to providing our clients with the highest quality in business and personal insurance products and services at the most competitive prices in Denver, CO.

3705 Kipling Street, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
303 420-4774