As a business owner, you go to great lengths to provide a safe working environment for your employees, but when dealing with humans, accidents can happen. Despite your best efforts and vigilance, accidents will happen. The Bureau of Labor Statistics notes that in 2016, there were more than 1.1 million workplace injuries. Make sure you have adequate workers’ compensation to protect your business from loss. That is when Workers’ Compensation Insurance can help. Workers’ Compensation Insurance should be an important part of your risk management program. There are proven methods to help you contain your costs as much as possible.
Here are some proven tools to help you contain your workers’ compensation costs:
- Create a company safety policy and clearly define safety rules
- Make sure upper management provide support
- Designate a safety committee or coordinator
- Create safety checklists and hazard reports for each job function
- Investigate all accidents
- Have a clear safety enforcement policy
- Provide safety training to all employees
- Request regular claim review meetings with your carrier and agent
- Develop a return to work program
Do not delegate safety, the companies with the best records have an owner on their safety team.
For faster service, please complete and submit our online quote form
Why submit a form online? It lets us know you’re serious about getting better Insurance for your Colorado Business. More importantly it helps us ensure the greatest efficiency and accuracy in working with each new account. We NEVER share your information with a 3rd party and during normal business hours you can expect a call back in 30 minutes or less from an agent with specific knowledge for your needs and your location.
DCInsurers – Mountain, a Denver Colorado Based Premium Insurance Agency, has been proudly providing Denver Workers Comp Insurance Quotes and policies to our clients throughout Denver, Boulder, Colorado Springs, Ft. Collins and the rest of the State of Colorado since 1998.