Denver Homeowner’s Insurance
When was the last time you actually read your homeowner’s insurance policy? Finding the right homeowner’s insurance is one of the most important things you can do to adequately protect your family. When most people think of damage to their homes, they tend to only think of fire or theft. But there are many other ways your home and family could be at risk.
Homeowner’s insurance policies can be expanded to include additional limits for the following:
- Barns and other structures – These are not automatically included.
- Jewelry – All policies have limitations on the value of jewelry. If you have items over $1,500 in value you will need to have your policy endorsed to ensure coverage.
- Liability insurance – Liability coverage typically starts at $100,000; you should buy at least $300,000.
- Sewer backup – You will need to make sure your policy has sewer backup coverage. Some online policies don’t include this coverage.
- Household workers – If you have part-time domestic workers, your standard homeowner’s policy will not cover this. You will need a workers’ compensation policy.
- Art and collections – If you have expensive art, coins, stamps, or gun collections, your standard coverage may not be enough. We recommend that you contact our office today for a review.
- Most homeowners should consider having a guaranteed cost replacement clause in their policy, so if the home is damaged beyond repair, the policy would cover the cost it would take to rebuild the home. But some homeowners have policies that only offer the original value of the home.
Buying Homeowner’s Insurance
Remember, each homeowner’s insurance policy is different, and if you bought your homeowner’s insurance online, you may not have proper coverage.
With all the options you have these days, buying the right kind of homeowner’s insurance can be confusing. Some advertisements want us to believe that purchasing homeowner’s insurance should only take 7 minutes! For most people, their home is their largest investment. Protecting your home and your family is something you want to get right, and making purchases too quickly can cause mistakes. Taking time to consider your options can save you money and future headaches.
Are you looking for Denver Home Owners Insurance? If so, you understand that your home is one of your most important investments. DCInsurers Mountain Brokers understands your home is where many family memories are made and where you keep your important prized possessions.