Business owners go to great lengths to provide a safe working environment for their employees. However, when dealing with humans, accidents can happen, and Workers’ Compensation Insurance can help. Workers Compensation Insurance should be an important part of every risk management program.
What Is Workers’ Compensation?
Workers’ compensation insurance is insurance that provides lost income, medical benefits, disability benefits, and rehabilitative services for workers injured on the job or while performing work-related duties.
Why Your Business Needs Workers’ Compensation Insurance
When an employee gets hurt on the job or has a work-related illness, only workers’ compensation will cover them. Health insurance benefits will not provide coverage for on-the-job injuries.
What Is the Best Way to Keep Costs Down?
- Provide training for hazardous work, especially for new or inexperienced workers.
- Enforce safety rules and practices.
- Enforce drug and alcohol rules.
- Require safety equipment to be worn at all times.
- Keep work areas clean.
- Workers should not wear loose clothing or jewelry around machinery.
- Where required, workers must wear protective equipment such as goggles, safety glasses, masks, gloves, hairnets, etc. appropriate to the task.
- Safety equipment such as restraints, pullbacks, and two-hand devices are designed for worker’s protection. Be sure such equipment is adjusted for each worker.
- Do not ever remove machine safety guards.
- Develop a system for reporting unsafe practices.
- Have monthly safety meetings that review safety issues and related topics.
- Create accident investigation procedures that focus on prevention and change.
Denver business insurance, also known as Denver commercial insurance, describes any insurance policy designed to protect businesses, owners, and employees from losses due to accidents, liability issues and more. There are multiple types of business Insurance, including, workers’ compensation insurance, property insurance and general liability insurance. The insurance needs of the business are dictated by the objectives and risk factors of that business