An Insurance Update
As a business owner or homeowner, managing your risk is critical to keeping your business going and your family safe. It is important to have an insurance program that is designed that addresses your needs and risks. While insurance covers many kinds of loss, preventing loss can be better. You’re aware that severe weather might strike at any time, so you’ve purchased insurance to assist you in recovering from a storm. You’ll want to get back on your feet as soon as possible if your home or business is damaged by a hurricane, tornado, hailstorm, or other natural disasters. As a result, we urge that you take the following steps to ensure that your claim is handled as quickly and efficiently as possible.
If you have a claim, here are some actions to take
- Review your insurance and have it ready as a reference.
- Assess the damage.
- Most insurance contracts require notice as soon as possible following a loss, and your policy includes contact information for filing a claim.
- Take action to mitigate any further damage. (typically insurance company will re-reimburse you.
- Call your agent or insurers claims hotline.
- Be available for the restoration contractor to arrive.
- Stay in touch with your adjuster and agent.
- Don’t hire a contractor without references and approval from the insurance company.
- Take pictures of damage and repairs.
- Take inventory of what was lost or damaged.
- Don’t toss anything before the adjuster or insurer approves.
- Don’t sign any contracts for repairs without discussing it first with your agent, adjuster, or insurer.
- Keep all receipts and invoices for every expense you incur after the loss.
Understanding your insurance coverages and the claims process will help you recoup as quickly as possible following a loss. Follow these suggestions and contact your insurance agent for further information.
Our experienced and professional independent insurance agents are located throughout Denver and across Colorado, bringing your insurance needs closer to where you need them. At Mountain Insurance, we know how challenging the insurance selection process can be, which is why our brokers take the time to listen to you and hear what is important to you.