Agents Can Help Employers Manage Workers’ Compensation Costs
A Workers’ Compensation Update
There are over 4.1 million workplace injuries in the United States each year, according to OSHA. Employers spend about $155 billion on work-related injuries each year. There is no doubt workers’ compensation is a big expense for employers.
The good news is there are many actions an insurance agent can do to help employers reduce workers’ compensation costs.
- Search the market for options and program designs that fit the individual needs of each employer.
- Help build a bridge between the insurer and the business.
- Educate employers about how workers’ compensation works.
- Work with employers in the development of a safety program.
- Analyze all classifications to make sure they are correct.
- Help the company prepare for the workers’ compensation premium audit.
- Provide the framework for an early return to work program.
- Facilitate a claims review with the insurer to make sure all claims are being processed correctly.
As a business owner, you go to great lengths to provide a safe working environment for your employees. Workers’ compensation continues to be a significant cost driver for most employers, and understanding all the factors that can drive your workers’ compensation cost can often be complex and time
Mountain Insurance is the solution for your business insurance needs. Our network of independent insurance agents understands the intricacies involved in finding the right business/commercial insurance policy for your unique needs. For more information, call us at (303) 420-4774, or fill out our online quote form today.