Are You Safe When Operating Your Snowmobile?
Winter weather may be uncertain all across Colorado and North America, but here in Colorado, winter always brings snow. Thousands of people in Colorado look forward to that blanket of white and the pleasures of enjoying the outdoors on snowmobiles. The Colorado Mountains are wonderful for the fun family activity of snowmobiling. DCInsurers– Mountain would like to remind you of a few safety tips.
According to the NCBI, each year snowmobiling accidents cause approximately 200 deaths and 14,000 injuries in North America. One of the most commonly known risks to snowmobilers involves frozen waterways; however, while it is commonly thought that breaking through the ice is the leading factor in snowmobile related injury, more accidents are caused by collisions with static objects (including docks, ice huts, rocks, and bridges) or with vehicles, including other snowmobiles. Contact DCInsurers – Mountain today for more information about how we can keep you out in the snow with the peace of mind of having the best Denver snowmobile insurance.
Snowmobile Safety Recommendations
- Never drive drunk. In fact, don’t drink and drive any ATV or snowmobile.
- Make sure your vehicle is properly serviced before hitting the trail.
- Carry a first aid kit with you.
- Tell others your route and return time.
- Do not modify your machine.
- Know your route. Watch for thin ice, forestry equipment, trees and branches on the trail, wildlife, road and railway crossings, oncoming snowmobiles, snow banks, drifting snow, unexpected corners, intersections and stops.
- Dress warmly.
- Carry a GPS and/or cell phone.
Trailer Safety Tips
- Cover your snowmobile on the trailer.
- Securely tie your snowmobile down.
- Make sure your trailer meets Colorado state laws.
- Use a tilt load trailer or a winch to load.
- Carry snow chains for the trailer.
Here at DCInsurers – Mountain, we take it upon ourselves to expect the unexpected so you don’t have to. We can help set you up with Denver snowmobile insurance packages that will protect you from whatever the trails may throw at you. Our experienced and knowledgeable brokers are brokers are dedicated to providing you with the best possible coverage at prices that are competitive and affordable.