A Denver Workers’ Compensation Update
There are over 4.1 million workplace injuries in the United States each year, according to OSHA. Employers spend about $155 billion on work-related injuries each year. There is no doubt workers’ compensation is a big expense for employers.
The good news is there are many actions an insurance agent can do to help employers reduce workers’ compensation costs.
- Search the market for options and program designs that fit the individual needs of each employer.
- Help build a bridge between the insurer and business.
- Educate employers about how workers’ compensation works.
- Work with employers in the development of a safety program.
- Analyze all classifications to make sure they are correct.
- Help the company prepare for the workers’ compensation premium audit.
- Provide the framework for an early return to work program.
- Facilitate a claims review with the insurer to make sure all claims are being processed correctly.
As a business owner, you go to great lengths to provide a safe working environment for your employees. Workers’ compensation continues to be a significant cost driver for most employers, and understanding all the factors that can drive your workers’ compensation cost can often be complex and time-consuming.
DCInsurers – Mountain is the solution for your business insurance needs. Our network of independent insurance agents understands the intricacies involved in finding the right business/commercial insurance policy for your unique needs. For more information, call us at (303) 420-4774, or fill out our online quote form today.